Vietnam Deluxe Group Tour Package
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City Tour
This half day city tour unravels Saigon’s turbulent past and also provides a glimpse into the fascinating variety the city has to offer. We visit the following places of interest.
Pick up at hotel at 13:00 – 13:30 PM.
The Reunification Palace: Here on April 30th 1975 the ‘American War’ officially ended when tank number 843 of the North Vietnamese Army crashed through the gates of what was, at the time the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam.
War Remnants Museum: Formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, this is a poignant display of the futility of war.
Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office: Built between 1877 and 1883 this is one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture.
Cholon & ThienHau Pagoda, Cholon actually means Big Market – a claim that is well justified as Vietnam’s largest market, the BinhTay is situated here. The district is home to the city’s 400,000 Chinese and has many beautiful temples and pagodas.
Our tour finish around 18:00 PM, the car will transport you back to your hotel.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh – My Tho – Ben Tre
- 8:00-8:30: Pick up at your hotel;
- Drive to Mytho – Mekong Delta, known as the bigger rice basket in Vietnam. (70 km from Saigon, ~ 1,5hours);
- Discover the magic of the Mekong on this full-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City. On the trip, you’ll cruise along the river seeing fruit markets, stilted houses and fishing ports. You’ll also visit Tortoise island and see a boat building workshop;
- Cruising through Mekong River, passing a fishing villages. Visiting some small islets as Turtle, Dragon, Phoenix Island,..under a green canopy of water coconut trees;
- Walking through some villages to a fruit garden. Taste tropical fruits, while having live traditional music;
- Short horse cart ride to a bee farm. Have honey tea;
- Short rowing boat ride;
- Lunch at tropical garden restaurant with countryside delicacies;
- On the way back to Saigon, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, an unique pagoda in Vietnam mixture of Vietnamese, Chinese and Cambodian architecture;
- Drop off at your hotel.
Day3: Cu Chi Tunnels 1/2 Day Tour
- 8:00- 8:30 AM : Pick up at your hotel.
- Heading to Cuchi, famous by a system of tunnels deeply underground, with 3 floors, a labyrinth of intricate ways, and winding over 200 km long. (~60 km, 1hour)
- Watching a presentation video
- Getting to see the tunnels and discover how these tunnels were constructed and how its habitants combat two forces: the invading – troops and the tunnels itself.
- Visiting Hoang Cam’s smoke-less stove, secret hide-outs, fighting bunkers, and many dangerous booby traps.
- Trying gun shooting with real bullets (fees not included)
- Tasting boiled tapioca, drinking hot tea.
- Visiting the rice paper village where you can try to make it by yourself.
- Drop off at your hotel. Tour ends about 14:00PM.
08:00 – 8:15 am: Pick up at hotel
- Dong Ba Market to see the daily life of local people
- Boat trip to Thien Mu pagoda – The oldest pagoda in Hue city
- Imperial Citadel – The home of Vietnam’s last royal dynasty, the Nguyen Dynasty (1802 – 1945)
- Hue Royal Antiques Museum – A collection of ornaments from the Nguyen dynasty
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Incense stick village
- Tu Duc Tomb
- Khai Dinh Tomb
- Mrs. Thuy – Local artisan that makes conical hat with one hand
17:00 – 17:30 pm: Back to Tourist Information Center 45-47 Le Loi Street. Tour ends.
Day5: Hue – Myson – Hoian
8:00 – 08:30am: Asiana Travel Mate guide & driver will pick you up from your hotel in Hue and depart to Hoian city. En route, stop to see the scenic fishing village Lang Co Beach. Lang Co beach attracts visitors with its stunning white sand beaches and crystal blue water. After passing Lang Co beach, we drive for 20km on Sea cloud pass (Hai Van Pass) - the highest pass in the country and one of the most scenic and historic hillside roads in Vietnam.
We will then continue driving for about an hour to My Son Holy Land, a World Heritage site, 50 km southwest of Hoi An. Located in a lush valley; My Son was the capital and religious center of Cham people. Lunch is prepared in a local restaurant before we take walk or transfer inside the My Son Valley where you can explore the wonderful temple complex with our guide. We drive to Hoi An late in the afternoon and will reach your hotel around 5PM.
- 8:00-8:30: Pick up at your hotel. Transfer to visit following attractions:
- Ho Chi Minh Complex: Completed in 1975, the complex includes Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, House-on-Stilts, and the Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- The Temple of Literature: Originally built as a temple to Confucius, this is the site of Vietnam’s first University dating back to 1070. Inside are the stone steles mounted on the backs of turtles, inscribed with names of Vietnam best scholars. The temple highlights the importance that Vietnamese society place then and now on education. Have lunch at traditional local Vietnamese “Pho” Restaurant.
- Afternoon, Museum of Ethnology: This museum is widely acknowledged as the best in the country and has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples. As well as the comprehensive array of exhibits inside, there are also traditional tribal houses reconstructed within the ground.
- Continue to visit Tran Quoc pagoda (means “Stabilizing the Nation”), the oldest pagoda constructed in the sixth century in the Westlake. Walking around Westlake before going back to your hotel. On the way stop in Dong Xuan market and walking along colorful Hang Ma (Paper Offerings) street which is also is also known for its tube and gable-roofed houses typical of Hanoi. Drop off at your hotel. Tour ends about 16:00 – 16h30
Day7: Hanoi – Halong Bay
- 08h00 – 08h30 Pick-up at hotel and start the 3 hour-and-a-half drive to Halong Bay;
- 12h00 – 12h30 Embark on Oriental Sails followed by cruise briefing;
- 13h00 – 15h30 Savor a sumptuous lunch as Calypso Cruiser cruise further along the limestone islands of Fighting Cock, Dog Rock and Incense Burner…;
- 15h30 – 17h30 Visit Amazing Cave;
- 17h30 – 19h00 Enjoy drinks on Sundeck, snap photos the overview of Halong Bay, go swimming or just relax as the sun starts to set. Those who like some experience in cooking Vietnamese dishes can join in our brief Vietnamese cooking course on board while having some free wine;
- 19h00 Dinner is served. Socialize with other guests or just laze around. Overnight on board in a tranquil area. (Evening activities available: night squid fishing, karaoke, dancing…).
Day 8: Halong Bay – Hanoi (B/L)
- 06h00 – 07h00 Start your day with swimming, exercise or photo hunt;
- 07h00 – 11h00 Have breakfast at sunrise. Cruise to Ba Hang Fishing Village, pass Dog Rock and Incense Burner, and then head back to the Harbor;
- Disembark Oriental Sails at around 11h00;
- 12h00 – 16h30 Transfer back to Hanoi and trip finishes at the hotel around 16h30;